It seems that all anybody talks about when discussing the top NFL Football teams are New England, Denver and Green Bay. What about those desert rats from Phoenix? The team with the best record and the best defense. The only team that has been within 7 points or less entering the 4th quarter in every game this season? The Phoenix Cardinals; the team that is also won 3 of 4 games this year with their backup quarterback. Let's be fair!!
1) NEW ENGLAND---The Pats have the Chiefs to thank for that wake up call 6 weeks ago. That are playing at the highest level and are poised to continue with a healthy Gronk and Jonas Gray. Tom Brady looks like he's reinventing his last Super Bowl run. They have the Lions this week coming in off a loss at Arizona. Not to worry, if you play like you did against the Colts, the contest won't be close. Nice job Brady, game ball to you!
2) ARIZONA---Do you remember Harry Truman or the old Chicago Cardinals? That was the last time the Cardinals were 9-1. The Cardinals held Detroit to 6 points with their great defense and won their 6th game in a row. They can go all the way; but next up will tell the real story at they travel to play Seattle. Drew Stanton may makes us forget about Carson Palmer.
3) GREEN BAY---What a great combo in the making. Aaron Rodgers to get a 30 point lead or so and over-paid QB Matt Flynn to do the mop up. This may be the rest that Rodgers needs. Pile up the points and then sit for the rest of the game saving the body. Green Bay out played, out performed and embarrassed Philadelphia last week and now is on the road at Minnesota.
4) DENVER---How can the Rams defeat Seattle, San Francisco and now Denver? How could Denver not have been ready, prepared and set to NOT over-look this team. A good win for St Louis but a stunning and embarrassing loss for Peyton Manning and his entire team. This week it's back home to play Miami. Another team with a better defense than offense. Let's hope it's not too frigid for those Manning thumbs or they could be in some more trouble. You might have to score more than 7 points this week to win.
5) KANSAS CITY---Let's review: The Chiefs' total number of touchdowns by wide receivers this season is zero. The Chiefs have not had a completed pass go for more than 38 yards this season (we're talking catch and run combined). All the defensive safeties for the opposing teams need to do is move closer to the line of scrimmage. Jamaal Charles had his FIRST 100 yard rushing game this past Sunday. This team should be 4-6, not 7-3. With those stats in mind, who did they knock off last Sunday? Seattle Seahawks! The World Champs!! This week they are in Oakland on Thursday so Mr. Primetime, Wayne Root, will be shooting for his 5th Primetime winner in a row.
6) DALLAS---This was a great 3 week run for the Cowboys. A win against Jacksonville, a bye-week off and now a chance to pick off 2 or 3 passes from Eli Manning as they "cowboy up" in the Big Apple or a little south of it. Jerry Jones stated "there was no curfew" in London. Let's hope he smartens up with one in New York City. They might not like those southern boys. Dallas and the Giants play in the Sunday Night Game.
7) SAN FRANCISCO---The 49ers have posted back to back road wins and looked impressive in both games. Yes they had some help but that is needed. Thanks to Eli Manning, the 49ers swallowed up 5 of his passes and now head home to play the disgruntled Washington Redskins team. You're on a roll so don't screw it up with a goal line fumble like the one on the 1 foot line against St Louis on the final play of the game.
8) DETROIT---The Lions defense has been the talk of the NFC North while Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson were out with injuries. So what do they do with both of them back? They allowed Drew Stanton to throw a career high 306 yards and 2 TD's. That same effort this week will result in another 2nd half of the season doom for the Lions as they get Tom Brady in New England.
9) INDIANAPOLIS---Andrew Luck can only do so much. His defense has never been "top notch". His rushing attack has never been "high enough quality" to offer Luck any balance. And millions of fans are pulling for him every week. With Dwayne Allen and Ahmad Bradshaw out the only player left to help Andrew Luck is Coby Fleener? Someone needs to step up and help as the Colts remain at home against Jacksonville in a must win game.
10) PITTSBURGH---The Steelers won the game in Nashville and lost a locker room nightmare as RB LeGarrette Blount packed it in. It's now the Ben Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell show. Bell's 196 rushing yards clearly bailed out Ben who never looked like he was set to play. Now they get a bye week to celebrate beating Tennessee and Blount moving on.
SOME FIREPOWER RIGHT BEHIND YOU
11) PHILADELPHIA---Bad game at Green Bay, but that's not uncommon so beat Tennessee this week.
12) SEATTLE---We'll see what you're made of this week: Champs or Chumps as you play Phoenix.
13) CINCINNATI---Nice win where few prevail; at the Superdome. Houston will not be a push-over Sunday.
14) MIAMI---You've had 10 days to get ready. If you want to be great, win on the road against Denver.
15) SAN DIEGO---Rivers and his wide receivers need to re-introduce themselves or it's "lights-out"....